Town Improvement Group
The Town Improvement Group aims to identify and prioritise opportunities to:
- Make Helensburgh a clean, environment-friendly town, more attractive to residents and visitors alike.
- Improve the maintenance and quality of the town infrastructure, road surfaces, pavements, verges, gullies and the quality of street lighting throughout the town.
- Provide a focal point for residents to highlight issues of concern.
The Group will focus on both short term/specific issues and issues of a more long term, policy nature. Specifically :
- Membership –4/5 Community Councillors + external members as required
- The Group will aim to add value to and engage in constructive partnership working with Argyll & Bute Council and other appropriate bodies
- While reacting to individual resident representations/complaints the TIG will work in a systematic and evidence-based manner consistent with its resources
- Maximise resident involvement in its work, e.g. conducting surveys
- Use local media to secure maximum publicity of its work /achievements
- Make monthly reports to full HCC meetings
- Maintain close liaison with council officers