Helping Helensburgh - COVID-19 Update
Voluntary help for those in self-isolation
Helping Helensburgh is a local group formed to help those in self-isolation so they can reach out to ask or offer help to neighbours and fellow locals. The Community Council is happy to publicise this effort, particularly to ensure those who are not on Facebook are aware that they can access this information - details below.
Argyll and Bute Council have also provided this page which provides updates for communities on the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Local Business Assistance
Firstly, the list of local businesses who have offered services, as at 11pm 29th March, was the following (but for an up-to-date link see below):
- Auchentullich Farm Shop - home deliveries - 01389 850240
- Ardardan Farm Shop, Garden Nursery & Tearoom- 01389 849188
- The Brae Shop (Rhu and Shandon) - 01436 821765
- The Barber Shop - Home visits - 07535 895906
- Callaghan of Helensburgh Butchers- FREE Delivery on orders 01436 673795
- Clyde Property - will assist with collecting and delivering shopping/prescriptions and other assistance if able 01436 670780.
- Craigard tearoom and Bakery - FREE Delivery on orders and FREE lunch box for elderly community members 07855 825367
- Craigend Nursery, Cardross - vegetable boxes. Order via their Facebook page. Delivery to Helensburgh area every Thursday
- Deli in The Square - Home Delivery - 01436 672564
- Domestic solutions - Pick up prescriptions, run errands or organise a chat - 07787 838951
- Ellies Cellar and The Bottle Shop, Alva - FREE local delivery. Order via: www.elliescellar.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flamingo Carry Out - 01436 679836
- Helensburgh Pet Shop - FREE Delivery on ALL orders small or large 01436 672483
- Kirk Brae Community Group - Facebook page offering support and assistance for residents in Shandon
- La Jupe- home deliveries of wine, beer, cheese . Email email@example.com
- Lomond Fishmongers - Fresh fish delivered & free delivery - text on 07557331736.
- Males Tales Helensburgh - local men willing to collect and deliver shopping etc & offer whatever help they can to local businesses. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nature's Harvest - Email: email@example.com or phone 01436 674455
- Nippy Sweety - FREE Delivery on orders 01436 670294
- Padrone Pizza , La Barca Helensburgh & Cattle & Creel - 01436 674252 (FREE delivery in Helensburgh, other areas small charge)
- Riva Helensburgh - FREE Delivery on orders 01436 677796
- Rosslea Hall Hotel - Telephone point of contact for anyone without internet access to get in touch and ask for assistance from "Helping Helensburgh". 01436 439955
- Soni Spice - 01436 676746
- The Ginger-Bread Man/Bakehouse - stockpile of cupboard essentials including flour and dry pasta as well as baked goods and coffee. FREE home delivery on orders through Facebook
- Ruby Chinese Restaurant - 01436 674080
- The Toy Shop - Telephone point of contact for anyone without internet access to get in touch and ask for assistance from "Helping Helensburgh". 01436 677500
- Townhead Farm - FREE Delivery on eggs 01436 678895
- Zero Waste Shop Helensburgh - Home delivery 07809 571818
This list will be updated regularly - for any amendments, please contact the Helping Helensburgh group on their Facebook page as linked below.
For the latest updates, including individuals who have offered or are seeking assistance, see the Helping Helensburgh Facebook page link - clicking on the this will open a new tab with the latest information on the Facebook page. This is a public page and therefore can be accessed by anyone - you do not need to sign into Facebook, or open an account. If you get a "Sign up" link, then just click "Not now".
Flyer for Distribution
Finally, to download a copy of the A4 flyer which details the help that this group of volunteers can be provided (and which they would appreciate being distributed to those without internet access), see this link.
Helensburgh Community Council, 19th March 2020
Welcome to Helensburgh Community Council
The Helensburgh Community Council is pro-active in seeking to make Helensburgh a great place in which to live, work and play. We are established by Government statute to ascertain, co-ordinate and express the views of the community and to take such action in the interests of the community that appears expedient and practicable.
Our members are spread across the town boundaries. We include among us a mix of age and experience, from our retail community, our growing Naval community and we have co-opted a youth forum to represent the youth of the town.
The town has 18th century roots and is situated in one of the most picturesque areas of Argyll & Bute, at the gateway to the Highlands. It enjoys urban, countryside and coastal landscapes. Two conservation areas make up a third of the town area, with a grid pattern of streets lined with blossom trees and wide verges. Included in this is the historic interest of noted Scottish architect-designed houses and the major tourist attraction of the Rennie Mackintosh-designed Hill House.
We lie between the lochs of the Clyde estuary and adjacent to the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Those with an energetic disposition can walk the John Muir Way and the Three Lochs Way or take the Kayak Trail. The West Highland Way lies over the hill at Loch Lomond.
Keep up to date with the Community Council's meetings at the Agenda & Minutes page, our News page and the Calendar of events. We also have a set of Town Information links - various clubs and groups in the town, as well as links to Argyll & Bute Council's pages.
You can let us know what you want your Community Council to do by contacting the convener or members on the Members page. Let us know what you think of this website by contacting the webmaster at the Feedback page.
The HCC has a digital projector that it can hire out to persons and organisations within Helensburgh who wish to use it. Anyone who wishes to borrow the projector, please contact the HCC by the Contact Form, on our Faceboook page or phone Stewart Noble on 01436 675484.