Town Improvement Group
The Town Improvement Group monitors the town infrastructure and supplements the Argyll and Bute Council reporting system for repairs and defects by providing a focal point for residents to highlight issues of concern.
To achieve this HCC maintains close liaison and discussion with council officers.
The Town Environmental Improvement Group aims to identify and prioritise opportunities to:
Make Helensburgh a clean town and more attractive to residents and visitors alike
- Improve the maintenance and quality of road surfaces, pavements, verges, gullies and the quality of street lighting throughout the town.
Way of Working
The Group will focus on both short term/specific issues and issues of a more long term, policy nature. Specifically :
- Membership –4/5 Community Councillors + external members as required
- The Chair/Secretary will be Community Councillors
- Meetings will be held as appropriate but not less than bi-monthly
- Signed and agreed Minutes will be held of all its meetings
- The Group will aim to add value to, and engage in constructive partnership working with, A&BC and other appropriate bodies
- While reacting to individual resident representations/complaints the TEIG will work in a systematic and evidence based manner consistent with its resources
- Speak on behalf of the HCC unless specifically directed by the HCC
- Maximise resident involvement in its work, e.g. conducting surveys
- Use local media to secure maximum publicity of its work /achievements
- Make monthly reports to full HCC meetings